End of the Journey

As the trip is ended; there will be no additional posts to Traveling With Teen for the time being.


Wednesday, June 18, 2008

3 days and 10 galleries


Mexico City Street Scene

I arrived in Mexico City in the early afternoon on Wed. I was scheduled to depart for Puerto Vallarta early evening on Friday. This left me 2.5 days of time to cram in as much of Mexico City as possible. I decided to focus on art and art galleries. I was not disappointed. Mexico City is a fascinating place and if it weren't for the bad air quality I could see myself spending more time there. I was impressed by two things: less poverty than I expected - it is an incredibly large city so it is quite possible to never actually bump in to the legendary shanty towns. Second - the sad lack of sidewalk cafes. For a city with a fantastic climate and a European history, Mexico City seems to lack a cafe culture and sidewalk cafes were few and far between.


A lovely street in a wealthy suburb.


The famous murals were as impressive as promised.


The garden of Frida Kahlo's house.